- This event has passed.
Breaking the Stigma: exploring best practice in working with Self-Harm, with Claire Dixon, ON ZOOM
November 20, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Breaking the Stigma: exploring best practice in working with Self-Harm. This workshop will be ON ZOOM, 9.30am – 2pm. (HACP Zoom Talks are not recorded.) £30 to members, £40 for non members. For an application form, email [email protected]
Claire’s hoped for learning outcomes from the day are to help us to:
|· Develop an in-depth understanding of self-harm.
· Identify the impact of stigma and how to reduce potential barriers to support.
· Understand health inequalities attached to those with a recorded history of self-harm.
· Recognise evidenced based research, national policy, best practice and guidance to support and guide interaction with people that self-harm
· Learn to provide effective risk assessment and safety planning when supporting those who self-harm
· Consider the journey for effective and supportive recovery
· Enhance own working practice, knowledge and skills
· To feel more confident supporting those who self-harm in the short and long term.